Friday 21 March 2014

Posted by webtechniz Posted on 11:08 | No comments

Master Zend Framework:

Recently our team was a bit stuck, trying to figure out how to test a section of an application we've been developing. Specifically, we was trying to mock a HydratingResultSet in a controller test, so it could be the return value of a method call on a datasource, our controller needed. I was sure it was the right approach to help ensure the functionality in question was working properly. But no matter what I tried, my tests didn't work, because I wasn't mocking it correctly. [...] I asked for help [on IRC], laying out the problem as I saw it. The first response which came back, from Ocramius, stopped me dead in my tracks: "Why are you trying to do that?"
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Text Widget

  • Pages